A few treats.

  
So today it all begins.  Day #1 (of 3) of costume madness.  School dress-up today, Halloween-themed birthday party tomorrow, and of course the big night of trick-or-treating.  So, as usual, last night I was at a very-crowded-Party City, until closing, buying last minute supplies (I do not envy those employees.)... Joanne's Fabrics- until closing, where the sales associate yelled out the minute-by-minute countdown of when they were to be closing, literally every minute... and at Target, in the "seasonal department", until closing, digging through piles of costume remnants trying to find the one thing I needed.  And really, I only needed a couple of last minute items, which somehow took 2 hours to attain.  Next year, I will take E.T.'s approach and dress both of my kids as ghosts do better.
   
Ahhh, a little venting does a body good.  But, this is a message in which I promised treats after all, not tricks, so in the spirit of Halloween indulgence, I'd like to share a few new-found-internet-how-to-delights (yep, my kind of treat).
 
  
How to create the perfect wave {like this very cute gal}...
 
   Image via her lovely blog, The Daybook
 
      
 
 Image via this new-found blog (thanks to my SIL!)... "Where Gluttony Meets Fitness" (love it)
 
     
How to add a handy-dandy "printer-friendly" button to your blog posts (for all of your super-captivating-must-save-in-print material)...
 
 Image via that one super-captivating-must-save-in-print material-filled blog, um, What's it called???
 
  
And as a little extra treat, [if you use Firefox], how to add a bookmark and share toolbar (print, FB, tweet, bookmark any viewing page with the click of a button)...
 
 
That's all for now folks!
 
Oh, I tricked ya after all- one more...
 
Here's the latest and greatest recipes from the exchange- Chicken Pot Pie and Potato Soup!  We'll be enjoying a big ol' pot of chili with lots of toppings, and of course, cornbread & Kir Royale's in these festive flutes, or maybe some of these "treats" (and some say that Halloween is only for kids!).  What about you???
       
 
HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!!
  

16 comments:

  1. wow. sounds like you have been having an adventure - can't say i envy you! but i'm sure it will be worth it (for the adorable photos, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have a busy weekend ahead! I can't wait to hear all about it. Thanks for the print friendly site, I need to add that to my blog. Have a great weekend, Torrie!

    xo
    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh goody. Love the plug-ins. I'll have to experiment with those. Thanks so much for the treats. I had to laugh thinking about your shopping experiences. I've been in similar situations though not for Halloween. Yup, it's three days of Halloween madness, er fun, for us, too, though thankfully I'm not hosting any gatherings, just going to various events w/my kids.

    I hope the weather cools a little so I can get motivated to make some chili or something like it this weekend. Have a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how cute is Sydney from The Daybook. Makes me want to be 21 again. Ahhhhh, but only for about a minute! =)

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm enjoy the costume madness! i've really dropped the ball in the costume department this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Claire- Totally worth it.

    Minnie- It's supposed to rain tomorrow!! ...That's chili weather for ya:).

    Stephanie- Never again, *but I would like some of that energy... and sense of style... and that HAIR (all achievable to a 30- something gal, right??) :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa!!...busy busy!! Happy Halloween to you!!! Can't wait to see photos!!

    Oh...I am scared to try the plug-ins...I am slightly computer-illiterate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have a fun weekend and steal some tiny Snickers bars for me! (When you're a parent, you get to do that, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't let my natural waves come out since I cut my hair...maybe it's time to try again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope we get to see pictures of the costumes! Happy Halloween!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Torrie I hope you had a great Halloween weekend!
    We are doing much better, thanks a ton for your comments!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Okay-i will be using that panko recipe like tomorrow and I have tried so hard to get my hair wavvy and it just doesn't happen for me!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Torrie- I love that print feature. I need that so bad for recipes and other fun stuff. I am definitely adding that to my blog. And homemade panko? wow-I always buy it and we love it but I never even considered making it at home. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...