Time for some sprinkles.


It's been a quick, but very full week.  I know I said that I'd report back after last weekend, but a full weekend of no work and all play led to a week of all work and no play.  No time to tell you that we did in fact enjoy 2 movies... in one day- Pirates... with the kids, and Bridesmaids without (loved).  Double the popcorn.  Double the fun. 

 
And we did in fact enjoy those Aperol cocktails (both versions, but the grapefruit one was my favorite), and the ginger burgers & fries, and the summer strawberry cake, and the aprium tarte.  And the sleepover did in fact take place.  It was a weekend of swimming, family, shopping, movies, and major cooking... & eating.  So needless to say, Tuesday turned up with an extremely messy house and exhausted kids to show for it. 


But Friday's here again.  And it's not just any Friday...
 
   
 
               
And I consider ourselves pretty lucky to live just minutes away from Elvis' favorite [raspberry-filled jelly] donut shop... The Donut Man.  A little landmark right here in my small town.
  
      
But the real treat of the day isn't the devil's-food-with-colored-sprinkle-"delicacy."  The real treat of my day is that I get to meet two of my favorite 'url friends'... Carrie & Danielle (both Shredcrew pals too- although I'm quite sure Jillian will not be on our minds tomorrow evening).  My 3rd 'blogger meet-up' and I couldn't be happier to end a busy week with a "real" cocktail [as opposed to a Twitter cocktail] hour.
 
...
      
And on a completely different note, a couple of weeks ago, I won a beautiful scarf from another favorite blogger- Jody (@ About Last Weekend).  She purchased it on a recent trip to Barcelona, and she liked it so much, that she bought one for herself, and one for a lucky reader.  Well, it was surely my lucky day.  I told her I would post a picture of myself when I actually got out of my 'workout uniform,' brushed my hair, and put make-up on I wore it... which happened to be the other night, at Jacob's orchestra performance.


{I wasn't sure if it'd be cold inside, so this was perfect, as it's large enough to keep me warm too!  I absolutely love it- & her impeccable taste :).  Since I won't be going to Barcelona anytime soon, this should hold me over for a bit.  Thanks again Jody!}
  

whatever your weekend entails, i hope it starts with a donut
 

14 comments:

  1. Okay- you look incredible, I had no idea it is national donut day so now i must get my happy little butt to the nearest donut shop for the sake of all man kind and get me some donuts. We have to celebrate a national holiday right?
    I have been wanting to see bridesmaids so bad. Maybe this weekend! Hope you have a great weekend my sweet and beautiful friend! Oh and your tarte looks INCREDIBLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful scarf! Look at you miss giveaway winner! Scarf and earrings!! I must find a donut today...yum!
    See you tonight!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous pic!! and mmmm might need to get a doughnut today! (or, at least, have fantasies about doing so!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Donut day?! I had no idea! I switch between Krispie Kreme glazed raspberry jelly filled and glazed kreme filled as my favorites. Unfortunantly, the closest store is about 25-30 minutes away. :(

    Pretty, pretty picture!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like so much fun! I am dying to watch Bridesmaids. Did you laugh so hard your jaw hurt? Hope so. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such pretty photo! I'm not going to believe you anymore about needing to shred...you don't look like you need it at all! Glad you guys had so much fun last weekend. And your closing thought? Has to be one of the greatest closers ever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you had such a fun weekend. I had no idea that today was national donut day. I should bring some by work (you know, cops and donuts - although most of the cops I know are Starbucks fans) or I could just bring some home for the girls. It would probably get me a standing ovation!

    Have fun with the blogger meetup and as always, you look gorgeous. :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  8. That scarf is beautiful and so are you! What a great photo, with the sunlight streaming in and everything! Bridesmaids was fantastic, wasn't it??? I've yet to see Pirates though. Lucky you getting all that popcorn ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cant wait to hear more about the blogger meet up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg.. DONUT MAN droool... it's been ages since I've had his divine strawberry donuts. Gotta try his new lemon ones!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How totally fabulous do you look!???!! I love that scarf on you, though I have to say every time I see a pic of you, you seem to suit all styles!!! Thank you for such a lovely kind mention and am so looking forward to an IRL meeting sometime in the future, as well as the URL-ing!!! Donuts are the absolute bomb in this house for everyone and we're with The King on the jelly filled. I love them more than cake, more than cookies. As much as grapefruit cocktails? Hmmm that's one to ponder over the weekend! Cheers, again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Um, all I want right now is a dang donut! Cute scarf, love your hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooo jealous that you won that scarf! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That tart looks amazing! Can you share the recipe? I've got nectarines and blueberries I need to use up. Do you think that would work?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...