Sunny skies. Laundry's DONE (a big feat if you're new around these parts). New color. New cut. Finally reached L3 of the
100 30-Day Shred. A 3-day weekend (with a kid-free night mixed in... & Bridesmaids)!! Between Oprah & the Biggest Loser finales, I'm chalk-full of inspiration. Life is good.
[Thank God the rapture didn't come along last weekend and screw it all up.]
We've been cooking machines around here. To the point where I could devote an entire blog to the topic. But that would require pictures. And I have absolutely none to share. With Ryan buried in homework (not to mention, work), it's nice to enjoy (rather than "capture") our meals- creating them, and partaking in them. Slowly working our way through the weekly produce box, mastering the game of simplicity-yet tasty-light-yet-hearty-healthy-yet satisfying- has brought a sense of resourcefulness... of order... of rhythm... of novelty. In the midst of play dates, homework assignments, birthday parties, and drama (never a day goes by without a "healthy" dose of drama)- turning shelled peas into a savory pea pesto- apriums into a fresh pitcher of margaritas- asparagus into a surprisingly luscious soup- somehow erases the lines between weekdays and weekends, spring and summer, work and play.Other than Hailey's most anticipated night of the year (She has a friend sleeping over, and is beyond thrilled.), Jacob's wish granted- to see the 4th Pirate movie, and a Memorial Day BBQ at my grandma's, I'm not sure exactly what this weekend will entail, but a few things I know FOR SURE.
- Strawberry Summer Cake (pure bliss)
- Aperol Cocktails (been on the "to-try" list for far too long)
- Tuna & Ginger Burgers + No Fry Fries (burgers/fries = date night tradition)
- And maybe even this perfect [steak/asparagus/roasted potatoes] meal (made last night- simple, healthy, delicious)...
- And this equally perfect dessert (made it 2x already- in an effort to work our way through an entire case of apriums)... Believe me, it's as good as it looks. No, better.
I'll report back next week.
Hope you enjoy each & every bite of your weekend.