Let's get it on.

                    
We spent a great deal of our weekend preparing for my grandma's upcoming 85th birthday celebration.

85's a pretttttty big deal, and I thought it'd be fun to get a little creative.  So, we're havin' a retro party at our house this Saturday.  A fun and classy way to celebrate a classy lady.  Plus, an excuse to get those pearls on, chat it up with loved ones, sip an old-fashioned cocktail, and indulge in bacon-wrapped hors d’oeuvres and classic American cuisine.  Being the old school foodie that she is, this is right up Grandma's alley (& mine too).  

Here's a little peak into the party planning...

{The invitations (from Paper Source) set the tone for the color scheme... pink & green.}

 {a trip to the thrift store for dishes & attire for the boys... lots of party goods for only $26.00... love it}
 
 {the "dress rehearsal"}

 {Hailey & I simply shopped our closets (yes, that dress was in my closet... long story).}

And tomorrow, we'll talk food.  The menu's not set, so if you have any recommendations, let me know! 


Happy Monday... Hope it's a good one :).
 

13 comments:

  1. Torrie! I love this post. Loving seeing that pic of you and hailey. Yes, I will need the long story on that dress though! LOL! Seriously, the party looks and sounds fantastic and I love the retro theme! Perfect. I can't believe she is 85! Go Grandma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, how fun!!! these photos are fantastic and what a fun way to celebrate your grandmother. my grandmother's 94th is coming up...hmm, now you've inspired me.

    and any excuse to wear those pearls is a good thing. :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take lots of pictures.

    Better yet, hire a photographer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how fun!! i am loving those dishes!!! (and the clothes too, of course!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how wonderful! My great-grandmother's favorite colors were pink and green and she was quite the classy lady, so this totally brought back memories! I can't wait to see more!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun! I was blessed to have had all four of my grandparents well into my adulthood (I hope I got some of their amazing genes to all make it into the mid nineties!). You're a good granddaughter to celebrate your Grandmother in this way. Looks like you're on your way to a very successful, and fun (!!) party!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely party you are planning - anything retro is always the most fun! Fantastic coloured glasses and your frocks - your daughter looks so sweet and love that swirly pattern dress - looks really cool on you - you should post more pics of yourself! We did a Mad Men Party (in my blog) with a full menu and cocktails and was very fun, though a challenge to make everything look more than while blobby stuff (tasted good though, cheese on carbs basically...)And way to go for your Grandma - 85 - you have great genes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pics. More Torrie pics on the blog! This summer we are going to celebrate my Grandma's 90th birthday. We did a big party for her 85th and she still brags about it proudly to all her friends. I'm sure your Grandma will do the same because this party sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE it Torrie! That is truly an adorable idea. I wish I could give you some food recommendations but my brain is FRIED right now. Can't wait to hear more about the party! Have fun!
    Best,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fabulous idea and I love your ideas and colors and inspiration. I can't wait to see how it all turns out. What a special celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  11. @About Last Weekend Thank you (about the pictures) =)!

    I'm going to find the post in your blog... how cool! I've been wanting to start watching Mad Men, so I finally bought my husband the season 1 dvd for Christmas. I can't wait to start... I know just with the era alone, that I'll love it. Yeah, I can see that being a challenge... trying to make the food look appetizing! The meatloaf works, since it'll be hidden in buns, but can't really say the same for sausage balls =).

    ReplyDelete
  12. @Notorious MLE Thanks Em! (you know how I feel about pictures... so I appreciate your 'support' =)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...