Field of dreams {Listography 2011}.

                      
Each Wednesday, Emily, @ Notorious MLE, Danielle, @ Elleinad Spir, and myself are working our way through the lists of Listography 2011.


An immediate disclaimer.  

This list is a total cop-out.  I'm still battling with my laundry... Trying to gear myself up for crawling jumping back on the "Shred Mill" (with the help of a rockstar shred-it crew)... and ironically tossing both aside for a blood orange margarita (weeknight version) and a little mindless t.v.  

As much as I'd love to meander through Diagon Alley, bounce through the Hundred Acre Wood with Tigger, eat my way through Willy's Chocolate Factory, hide away in a heavenly Secret Garden, finally catch a glimpse of Charlie's face, shoot the breeze with Chaka... or Papa Smurf... or better yet- the coolest cat of all- the Fonz... This week's list of fictional places I really wish existed is proving to be quite short, at least for the present moment. 
           

1) Fantasy Island
                    
 Image via
2) Love Boat
            
  Image via

[Can you tell I need a vacation?  Either that, or I simply watched a few too many 70's television re-runs- or both?]


Please one-up me here... I won't mind a bit.  Which fictional places do you wish to be a reality??   If you have a list of your own, head over to Danielle's and link up... or simply share with a comment =).   I'm looking forward to a few moments of necessary distraction.

*Next up... A reality that I wish were fictional.
                           

20 comments:

  1. Fantasy Islancd! I feel you lady, I need a break too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I need a break like something bad. I had like 5 mintues this morning and I just had to stop by and say hey and see what your up to. You probably wonder why I get so busy and I'm so frassled sometimes in my emails but I will explain one day when I have more than 5 minutes (hopefully by friday) but anyway- love this post and I don;t even know what mine would be but i do wish I lived in a land of peace and relaxation with sun and water and yummy fruity drinks! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'd like to jump on board the love boat and have julie mccoy schedule my day, instead of me being cruise director and scheduling everyone else's day....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved Fantasy Island! After going deep into Downton Abbey (PBS.com or Netflix for those who have it), I would love to live there for a few days. Really, I just want breakfast in bed and pretty clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This brought back memories!! Every Saturday night my parents would go out and my sister and I would make/bake a snack (apple crisp was our favorite!) and watch The Love Boat and Fantasy Island! Both are 'places' I'd love to visit in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love Boat! YES!!! I feel like I need a vacation too. I always wished there was a place like Central Perk where I could go get coffee any time of the day and see ALL MY FRIENDS there. That would be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha ummm I need a vacation too! I would totes take a Mad Men vacation though....spend some time in the city? Sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Rebecca (Reluctant Floridian) I want to see that! I'm going to search so I can watch... Saw the trailer awhile back & looked very intriguing. Thanks for the reminder :).

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Karen LOVE this?? Two in one? My 2-in-one (that I didn't even include on my list shows were Happy Days & La Verne & Shirley... And I think I watched the Love Boat back to back with Gilligan's Island?! (good ole days =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Mary @ stylefyles I felt like we took a Mad Men vacation at our party this past weekend (well, didn't really feel like a vacation, but... still pretty cool)!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just read about your Shred-it challenge on Carrie's blog. Sounds exciting and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and me both, Torrie. Waking up and doing yoga then drinking fruity cocktails while wiggling my toes in warm sand. Sigh.

    I saw your blog name on the Shred challenge. I'm not specifically doing Shred but the baby is finally letting me get workouts in so I'm with you in workout spirit at least. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. 3 days in and the Shred is making me wish for fictional places! Nah, its not that bad. Yet lol.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My pile of to do laundry is so gigantic it's not even funny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the sound of the blood orange margarita - that's my kind of laundry folding! I love both these TV places - which I thought were real. Really? They're not? Many times I feel like Julie from the Love Boat ushering little people around and creating constant entertainment, but sadly I don't have that sweet smile and perky hair. ( Whatever happened to Julie?)

    ReplyDelete
  16. hope you're liking the margarita! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You just listed 3 of my favorite hideaways: smurfville, fantasy island, and the love boat. This calls for a drink!

    xo,
    C

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...