Well-soiled.



  zucchini, squash, watermelon, pumpkin, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, carrots, peas, green beans, strawberries, basil, oregano, mint, parsley, thyme, sage, rosemary, chives, & marjoram 

    
Yep.  That's the plan!

Ryan, myself, Jacob, & Hailey got busy last weekend, and by Sunday at sundown, our work was done.

We have finally learned that soil preparation is KEY, and *we are over at Estelle's place today to share a) exactly how we learned this lesson {the hard way}, and b) crucial tips on preparing your garden soil for spring planting.  It's a lotta work upfront, but what the payoff of a bountiful summer garden is delicious... in more ways than one.


Visit us at Estelle's & share your own gardening pursuits n' tips!


*Ryan & I collaborated on the post.  He handled the writing (he's a natural)... I managed the pics.  Teamwork :). 
 

6 comments:

  1. It. Won't. Stop. raining here. Or snowing. Or hailing. I'm getting crazy waiting for some quality time in the dirt! And it sounds like we're bringing our weather with us, boo! :)

    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing we've ever grown is tomatoes and herbs, but I really want to do better this year! We'll see how that goes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this desire to be an urban farmer. My black thumb thwarts me, but I am not giving up. Kudos to you!

    www.stylinggame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you feel like taking a trip to SD, I have a garden box in a horrifying state of disrepair that could use your expert advice :) I am the worst gardener ever- recently managed to kill a succulent!! I think it was the soil.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...