Each Wednesday, Danielle, @ Elleinad Spir, Emily, @ Notorious MLE, and myself are working our way through the lists of Listography 2011.
This week's Listography topic: List things that freak you out.
Well, at the present moment, I'd have to say it's the 828 messages in my inbox... The 1,000+ posts in my reader... The 621 pictures in my camera... The happy vacation feeling that can so easily slip away as we fill out middle school registration forms, pay bills, sort through health insurance forms and fall catalogs, and as we prepare to take Jacob in to get braces put on later this afternoon. But I'm determined NOT to let any of this freak me out. No siree. There's pizza to be grilled & 'souvenir wine' to be had. Not to mention- a summer list to finish tackling.
As I get to it, here are a few items that really do freak me out, irrational or otherwise...
- Reaching the end of my life and feeling as if I did it all wrong.
- Receiving that call (the one in which you discover something horrible occurred with or to a loved one).
- Getting in my car late at night or early in the morning to discover that I'm not alone.
- Insects (gardening & the weekly CSA box are both helping in this regard).
- Deep sea creatures & other unwanted, unwavering, & unexpected rodents & pests.
- Crazy traveling what-ifs (if the plane lost control during landing and spun around instead of sticking to the straight path... if the other car on a fast single lane highway swerved over to your lane...).
- The dating years (with a teenager on board, I realize I need to get over this one. real quick).
- The driving years (although related to #2, it deserves its own mention).
- Personal ailments.
What freaks you out??? Head over to Emily's & share a current- or past- post, or just leave a comment right here. I promise not to judge.