The title was my feeble attempt to link the two [unrelated] topics in one post:
- the smoothie recipe that I promised on Monday... Go Get 'Em Smoothie
- a very fun holiday gift guide
But really, this is a breakfast that I would definitely make for myself if I were to be heading out the door for a day of Christmas shopping (*if, being a key word, since I have not yet experienced any days of gift shopping- other than for myself, as of late).
Ever since receiving this fantastic cookbook- Nigella Express, I have kept frozen bananas stored in my freezer for those days when I need breakfast in a hurry, or on the go... or when we're out of everything else. It is extremely easy, healthy, and "ultradelicious" (as it states in the book). You can find the recipe here, or even better, watch the lovely Kitchen Goddess herself, right here!
* A couple of smoothie notes...
- The book offers a kid substitution that is not included in the above link- replace espresso powder with a TB of peanut butter, for extra protein, minus the caffeine boost.
- Feel free to bump up the espresso quantity, if a 1/2 tsp doesn't quite do it for you (note the 1/2 TB in the picture).
- It's a smoothie! Add whatever you'd like- protein powder, wheat germ, flax seed...
Now, onto the holiday gift guide!
One of my very favorite blogs (Elleinad Spir), and friends (Danielle), reached out to the gals of several of her daily blog reads, and asked them what the number one item was on their wish list this holiday season. I love this idea, because we typically see holiday gift guides that are compiled with others in mind (for the teens... for the men... for the toddlers). Not this one! No siree. For US!!
It's a 3 part series (today-Friday), and I'm included in Part 1 (thanks Danielle!). So, if you'd like to