A new approach.


                                                                               
{Yesterday, I sent an email to a friend~ thanking her for gifting me with the amazing cookbook, in the photo above.  Here is a portion of her reply...}

Today I got a cookbook that I saw advertised in Sunset magazine... It is soul food vegan... by Bryant Terry, named The Inspired Vegan

I have decided that in order to be the artist I want to be and give the classes I am doing, and volunteer at the school, and lounge about reading, etc. as I do, I have to make what I do in the kitchen (I cook almost all our meals) short and sweet- but better than I have been doing (do you know what I mean?)...

So in order to improve as a cook and eater... I want to make the most attention on the veggie part of the meal... and then throw in the meat/chicken/fish/chicken sausage/ as the easy part.  I am thinking that using the soul food vegan cooking approach might entice me to spend more thought and give me some new skills…  

Cooking is very interesting to me- but I have so many hobbies and loves that cooking and food has to get in line behind many other things.

YES.  I do know what she means.  I know exactly what she means.  It's as if she took the words right out of my mouth (er... keyboard).
                                                                                                         

6 comments:

  1. I'm right there with you Torrie. While I do love cooking, it takes a major backseat in my life behind so many other pursuits. I seem to go through phases where I'm into it and then it gets forgotten. Unfortunately, with a family it's something that must keep going day after day, even when you're not that into it. If you find some inspiring things, let me know. A whole cookbook is too overwhelming for me, I look at them only as art :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will definitely let you know. and please, do the same for me!

      also, i wanted to tell you that i read a comment that you wrote on ruthie’s blog (regarding strict diets). i loved (and agree with) what you had to say… it stuck with me.

      Delete
  2. okay, this is exactly what i needed to read today. i'm so over meat {and have been for a while}, and you have shined the vegetable light upon my thoughts. thank you torrie.

    p.s. why can't we be neighbors? imagine what we would accomplish and discover together?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh good. i’m so glad.

      and p.s. whyyyyy???? yes i can imagine!

      Delete
  3. I have hanged my eating habits due to the strong desire to lose weight. I am a cook, I cook 2-3 times a day, everyday. So it comes natural to make food, use what I got, blah blah blah. So now I'm eating a certain way (less than 1300 calories a day) and it is going SO well but you know, I have done only one major switch. I cook with veg first, then fruit then meat. And always eggs! Protein is something I need a lot of. Carbs are not out but not super important. Anyway, I am rambling but, I get this. I get you.
    X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i love your comment. :) {i really want to start blogging again. it's been a while since i've seen a comment in my inbox. too long. so, yours was a nice surprise.}

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...