The Super Bowl party was a success. Seven batches of dough. Ten grilled pizzas. And lots... and lots of toppings. Since you were all so generous with your suggestions, I thought I'd share some of the favorite combos...
- Barbecue chicken (with caramelized onions, cilantro, chicken, BBQ sauce, Fontina, and smoked mozzarella)
- Hawaiian (one with pineapple, Canadian bacon, Fontina, mozzarella, and another with the addition of caramelized onions, smoked mozzarella, and pepperoncinis)
- Valerie's mushroom, goat cheese, and truffle oil pizza (thanks Valerie!)
- Veggie (with pesto, kalamata olives, pepperoncinis, marinated artichokes, roasted yellow tomatoes, Fontina, and smoked mozzarella)
- Classic (good ol' pepperoni and sausage- with mozzarella and Fontina)
- We made four different types of crust- herb, whole wheat, white, and Parmesan.
Though the party was a success, I ended up getting sick- right in the middle of it. That, plus being up at 4:30 am the next morning for my first day of boot camp, did not make for a good combination. As you may recall, I was ready for a change in my exercise routine, and finally took action. Yet, although my mind was ready, my body- well, not so much.
Needless to say, it was a rough day. I write this, not to whine, or loath in self-pity, but to let you know that my posts may be a little short, or 'off' for the next few weeks- as I adjust to my new schedule... and become intimately acquainted with new friends- Epsom Salt & Ben Gay.